Many people wonder “What are the Executive, Staff, and Committees of our Union doing?” The below list shows you some of the breadth of the activities of the GSU. We encourage all graduate students to get involved! The Executive will also be responding to the GSU Council and our membership throughout the year, creating campaigns, responding to the Administration, and fighting, as always, to defend graduate students.
Each year, the GSU Executive strikes the committees of the Union. Each committee works on a number of long-term and more immediate issues that have been identified as needing particular emphasis. All members of the GSU are welcome and encouraged to become active with these 2012/13 Committees, listed below.
Chair: Susanne Waldorf.
Vice-Chair: Derek Larson.
Other Executive Members: Jaby Mathew, Akshita Vincent, Jessica Gallinger.
Policy and Operations
Chair: Brad Evoy.
Vice-Chair: Derek Larson.
Staff: Gail Fernando.
Other Executive Members: Brad.
Environmental Justice & Sustainability
Other Executive Members:
Research, Education & Governance (REG)
Chair: Aman Gebru.
Other Executive Members: Jaby.
Hart House ad hoc Committee
Facilitator: Brad (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Anti-Calendar Working Group (ad hoc Committee)
Chair: Jason Dumelie.
Periodically throughout the year, the General Council strikes committees as mandated by the By-laws and Policies to fulfill specific functions related to the operations of the Union. Each committee works on a specific task that have been identified as needing annual work and implementation.
Other Executive Members: Veronica.
Union Staff: Carol.
Subcommittees of the Executive Committee
Other Executive Members: Veronica, Akshita.
Other Executive Members: Susanne, Jessica.
Staff: Shain, Carol.
International Students’ Caucus
Executive Liaison: Jaby.
Women and Trans People Caucus
Chair: Ashleigh Ingle.
Executive Liaison: Veronica.
Executive Liaison: Susanne.
- CFS, CFS-O, NGC, OGC – Veronica.
- Downtown Legal Services – Brad.
- Ontario Public Interest Research Group (OPIRG) – Brad.
- Women’s Centre – Brad.
- Bikechain – Brad.
- UTERN – Brad.
- TSFC – Brad.
- CUPE 3902 – Veronica.
- CUPE 3907 – Veronica.
- USW 1998– Veronica.
- UTEAU – Veronica.
University of Toronto Academic and Governing Bodies
- Monitor Governing Council – Aman.
- Monitor Academic Board – Aman.
- Monitor University Affairs Board – Aman.
- Monitor Planning and Budget Ctte./UofT Budget – Aman.
- Monitor Business Board, UTAMS – Aman, Carol.
- Graduate Education Council – Akshita, Brad.
- Faculty of Arts & Science Faculty Council – Jaby, Akshita.
- Faculty of Medicine Faculty Council – Akshita.
- Faculty of Applied Science & Engineering Council – Akshita.
- OISE Faculty Council – Jaby, Susanne.
- UofT Library Systems Advisory Committee – Jaby, Jessica.
- UofT Temporary Space Committee – Brad.
University of Toronto Student Services and External Committees
- Career Centre Advisory Group – Akshita, Jaby.
- Committee to Allocate Student Activity Space (CASAS) – Veronica.
- Council on Athletics & Recreation (CAR) – Susanne, Jessica.
- Council on Student Services (COSS) – Aman, Veronica, (Brad).
- Hart House Board of Stewards – Susanne.
- Housing Services Student Advisory Committee – Susanne.
- First Nations House – Veronica.
- Student Life Advisory Group – Jessica.
- Grad Escapes – Brad.
- Grad Room Management Advisory Board – Brad.
- Grad House Governing Body – Susanne.
- UofT/City of Toronto Liaison Committee – Susanne.
- UofT Sustainability Advisory Committee – Susanne.