- About the Committee
- Research, Education & Governance Committee Legislative Program
- Research, Education & Governance Committee News
- Research, Education & Governance Committee Agendas
Walter Callaghan (Academics & Funding Commissioner, Div 1 & 2)
Leah Bender (External Commissioner)
Daniel Kwan (General Member)
As announced in the Weekly UTGSU Digest.
About the Committee
The Research, Education & Governance Committee aims to represent student interests in the areas of academic requirements and supervision, academic research work conditions, academic disputes and conduct, program structure and planning, course quality, student funding and fees.
The mandate of the Research, Education & Governance Committee is to give you the opportunity to bring your Academic and Funding problems to the GSU so that together we can help contribute to finding solutions to these problems. In addition, the committee acts through a number of groups and councils, such as the School of Graduate Studies, Faculties and Provostial Advisory Groups to enact solutions.
The Committee is actively working on a number of different initiatives. The GSU shall continue to push the University to review tuition and ancillary fees and we need course unions to work with us to identify fees that should be removed. The Committee shall keep working with course unions to address concerns with the quality of their program. Other campaigns involve working with course unions to get increased stipends, active lobbying for a fair Arts & Science restructuring plan, changes in the Doctorate Completion Award procedures, advocating for the return of the reduced Post Residency Fees policy and participation in efforts to improve the conditions of the minimum funding package for graduate students.
Graduate students at the University of Toronto need better quality education and research opportunities. If you want to help us reach these goals then please join with us. We learn and work within a huge and diverse university, but through our cooperative efforts, no student is forced to go it alone.
Research, Education & Governance Committee Legislative Program
Research, Education & Governance Committee News
- Know Your Rights Workshop: Thurs March 20
- UTGSU Submission to the Undergraduate Student Societies Summit
- UTGSU Letter to Provost on Access Copyright
- Student Recommendations on the Provostial Committee on Graduate Student Financial Support
- GSU Open Letter to Governing Council: Address Discrimination, Harassment and Abuse of Graduate Students
- UPDATED: GSU and CUPE 3902 Boycott the Provostial Committee on Graduate Student Financial Support
- Governing Council Elections – Executive Committee Endorsement
- Governing Council Elections Forum
- Access Copyright: A Talk by Dr. Sam Trosow
- Graduate Students’ Union stands by striking USMC Workers
Research, Education & Governance Committee Agendas
|June 2013||Agenda: June 20||Highlights: June 20|
|July 2013||Agenda: July 25||Highlights: July 25|
|September 2013||Agenda: September 13||Highlights: September 13|
|Agenda: September 19||Highlights: September 19|
|October 2013||Agenda: October 10||Highlights: October 10|
|Agenda: October 24||Highlights: October 24|
|November 2013||Agenda: November 7||Highlights: November 7|
|December 2013||Agenda: December 5||Highlights: December 5|
|February 2014||Agenda: February 7||Highlights: February 7|
|Agenda: February 27||Highlights: February 7|
|April 2014||Agenda: April 4||Highlights: April 4|