April 16th, 2015
April 13th, 2015
1. SOLIDARITY Forever: CUPE 3902 Strike Exhibit: April 16-30
2. The UTGSU is Looking for a New Council Chair! Deadline: Tues April 21, 5pm
3. Members Needed: Best Practices in Graduate Supervision Review Working Group
4. UTGSU Board of Directors / General Council Meeting: Mon April 27, 6:10pm
5. UTGSU Gym Schedule – May to July (closed August)
6. Course Union Head Grants – Spring Installment
7. OPIRG-TO Annual General Meeting: Thurs April 23, 6pm
8. Grad Talk: The Art of Storytelling: Tues April 21, 1-3pm
9. Stop, Drop & Roll, FREE self-massage and stretch drop-in classes: NEW DAY/TIME!
10. Choosing Childcare That Works For Your Family: Fri May 1, 12-1:30pm
11. 10th Annual May Day of Action Rally and March: Fri May 1, 5pm
12. Unite Against Austerity – Public Forum: Sat April 25, 2pm
13. Study Space Available: HighParkCommons
14. Ebola Working Group Symposium: Wed April 22
15. Uncanny Spaces: Memory & Erasure in Doris Salcedo’s Sculpture: Thurs April 23
16. Jane’s Walk: May 1, 2, 3
April 9th, 2015
The University of Toronto Graduate Students’ Union is currently seeking a General Council Chairperson for the 2015-2014 academic year. (more…)
April 8th, 2015
1. UTGSU is Hiring! Job Posting for Full-Time Permanent Position: Financial Coordinator
2. Join the Team! Executive-at-Large Election: Mon April 27, 6:10pm
3. Bikechain New Volunteer Orientation: Wed April 22, 5:15-6pm
4. Income Tax Clinic for Students: Until May 6
5. Peer Support Program for Graduate Students: Wednesdays 4-5pm
6. Stop, Drop & Roll, FREE Self-Massage & Stretch Drop-In Classes: Mondays, 12-1pm
7. Homemade Babyfood: Wed April 22, 12-1:30pm
8. GMCA (Graduate Management Consulting Association) Conference 2015: May 7-8
9. Green Cities Against Neoliberal Urbanism: Urban Politics & Toronto Politics: Sun April 12, 2pm
April 2nd, 2015
The UTGSU is hiring a new permanent staff member to serve in the role of Financial Coordinator.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter by: Wednesday April 15th, 2015 @ 5pm to:
The Financial Coordinator Hiring Committee
This position provides complete financial services and support to the Executive and Council of this active student organization. The successful candidate must be able to balance a heavy workload with conflicting priorities and deadlines. This is a unionized position with CUPE local 1281.
March 26th, 2015
1. Join the Team! Executive-at-Large Election: Mon April 27, 6:10pm
2. UTGSU is Hiring! Job Posting for Full-Time Permanent Position: Financial Coordinator
3. Stop, Drop & Roll, FREE Self-Massage & Stretch Drop-In Classes: Mondays, 12-1pm
4. Cycling Safety and Maintenance Mon April 6, 12-1:30pm
5. How to Choose and Fit a Bicycle: the Basics: Mon April 6, 6-7:30pm
6. Helping Kids Adjust to Separation and Divorce: Fri April 10, 12-1:30pm
7. Green Chemistry Student Symposium: May 13-15
8. Info on a New Professional Program at UofT: Masters of Health Science in Translational Research
9. Toronto’s Affordable Housing & It’s Impact on Health: Wed April 8, 5:30-7:30pm
10. The Self in Dementia: Moving Beyond a Paradigm of Loss: Wed April 8, 3pm
March 24th, 2015
- Venue Change for UTGSU General Council: March 30, 6:10pm
- Students Pen Open Letter to UTFA
- UTGSU Gym Time for April Postponed Due to Strike
- UTGSU Open Letter to Angela Hildyard and Cheryl Regehr re: CUPE 3902
- Permanent Residency Workshop: April 2nd
- The Impact Centre/ IEEE Light Up the World with a Collective Hackathon
- Grad Minds Conference: Tues March 31, 5pm
- Tax Time!!
- Israeli Apartheid Week: Last Events March 27 and 28
- UofT Film Festival: Mon March 30, 7pm
- Grad Escapes Events
March 19th, 2015
The UTGSU Executive Committee would like to express its continued support for the members of CUPE 3902 in their ongoing efforts towards reaching fair contracts with the University of Toronto. We are committed to working alongside labour unions to improve graduate funding for our members, both in achieving a liveable minimum funding package and through expanding funding supports for upper year students and those in professional programs.
Graduate students make significant contributions to the research and teaching on which the University’s reputation lies. It’s time the University of Toronto demonstrate real commitments to graduate student education, and prioritize sustainable learning conditions for research, teaching, and overall scholarship.
We have written an open letter to the VP HR & Equity and the Provost and encourage all members to send in letters, expressing solidarity with CUPE 3902 Unit 1 members. Please feel free to copy any sections of this letter, as needed.
We stand firm with all those on strike and demand the University Administration return to the bargaining table immediately, and in good faith. Until then, we will see you on the picket lines.
UTGSU Executive Committee
March 10th, 2015
1. UTGSU Executive Officer Election 2015 Unofficial Results
2. Grad Minds Presents: Open Minds 2015 Conference + Circus Berserkus: Tues March 31, 5pm
3. UTGSU Board of Directors / General Council Meeting: Mon March 30, 6:10pm
4. Bike.Learn.Love – Bikechain’s 10th Anniversary: Fri March 20, 6:30-9pm
5. Income Tax Resources for Students
6. Grad Talk: Cross-Cultural Communication Skills: Mon March 23, 1-2:30pm
7. UofT Environmental Resource Network (UTERN) Executive Elections: March 24-26
8. Peer Support Program for Graduate Students: Wednesdays 4-5pm
9. GPS Systematic Review Workshop Series: March 18 & 25
10. Alternative Energy: Finance, Environment, Health Lecture: Wed March 25, 4-6pm
11. Engineering World Health – Annual Symposium: Mon March 30, 8:45am-6:30pm
12. LSCDS Seminar – Careers in Government: Mon March 23, 5:30-7:30pm
March 9th, 2015
CUPE3902 proudly supports the UTGSU elections through the ongoing strike, and we encourage all members to vote.
Many members of the union are also members of the UTGSU, and it is important we do not avoid or suspend by inaction this democratic process.
All striking members of CUPE3902 are asked to vote when they can. Voting will be held on the 10th, 11th, and 12th at 10 locations around St. George, including the GSU Offices, and 4 on satellite campuses. Please visit UTGSU.ca/Elections for more information.
Don’t forget to cast YOUR ballot in the UTGSU Elections March 10-12, 2015. (more…)