Contact: officeassistant@utgsu | 416.978.8464
The UTGSU building at 16 Bancroft Ave offers free space bookings for members of the
Union. These spaces are available for a variety of activities between 10:00 AM and
11:00 PM. Use is restricted to quiet activities from 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
The following are available on a first-come first-served basis (click to see floor plans):
- Grad Loft (2nd floor) – A cozy space for gatherings or meetings.
- hosts comfortably around 30-40 people
- for regular use: chairs; tables; 2 armchairs; 1 coffee table; 2 couches; chalkboard wall
- Gym (1st floor) – For athletic and non-athletic activities/events
- Basement Lounge – An open-space concept
- hosts approximately 15 people
- for regular use: 2 long, rectangular wooden tables; 2 coffee tables; 2 couches; 1 armchair; 10 chairs (additional chairs available upon request).
Before booking space with the UTGSU, please keep in mind the following:
- Please inform your guests that the UTGSU is not accessible.
- All alcohol must be purchased in the Pub. You must not bring your own.
- No food, drinks (except water), equipment or furniture is allowed in the gym unless approved by the UTGSU.
- Garbage and recycling must be deposited into the bins.
- Furniture must be returned to their original positions after your function.
- You must clean the space after you are done (wipe tables, sweep if necessary).
- When you are finished you must inform the UTGSU contact person you are leaving.
- You are responsible for any damage or theft occurring during your function.